Jet Lag

Jet Lag

Sadie Jackson, Reporter

With the changes at the middle school, the school year of 2020/2021 will be a lot different than years past. One change we did not expect was the drastic schedule change. With advisory, lunch, and recess coming right after each other, kids of Cody middle school have to remember a different schedule. In the past the 7th graders split up for lunch, half went to the 6th-grade lunch, and the other half to the 8th. I asked Willow Fernandez, a 7th grader at Cody Middle school if she likes having the 7th graders not split up for lunch.  Fernandes answered, “ I like how 7th graders don’t get split up because all my friends are in 7th grade so I would be upset if I didn’t have the same lunch as them.”  

Another change in the schedule was that advisory, lunch, and recess are at the same time. Last year and before it used to be that advisory was a student’s first class, and lunch and recess were right after one another. Addison Duncan said, “ I like having advisory, lunch, and recess at the same time so that in advisory, I can catch up on homework that I may have missed.”

Even though school may be different, the life of a Cody middle school student still goes on whether they like it or not. Changes can be good if you accept them. Students of Cody Middle school keep pushing through the year.