A Visit with Paul Stock

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Visit with Paul Stock

Kennedi and Laura, Features Writer

Cody has a large facility called the Paul Stock Aquatic and Recreation Center. The “Rec Center” (people call it) is a action packed place to go anytime. There are so many activities to do there including basketball courts, a birthday party room, a diving board, exercise equipment, weight room, gymnasium(s), indoor track, a jacuzzi spa, pool(s), public restrooms, racquetball courts, therapy pool with ADA lift, a walking track, water slide, water activity equipment, and a wet steam room.

Cody needed a place where people can workout, swim, and walk during terrible weather. It opened June 21, 2001 and it is still going strong. The center offers programs for everyone of all ages.  They also host activities off-site.

Cody Recreational Center has league sports, yoga, Zumba, weightlifting, personal trainers, spin bikes, and water aerobics. You can also reserve parks through them for use. There are preschool classes that include Little Ballers, Little Kickers, Parent Tot 1 and 2, Private and Semi Private Lessons, Toddler Time, Turtle Tales, and Water Tots. There is also a program ASAP for kindergarteners – 6th it is an after school program where you can learn and play at the Rec Center. Kidz on the Move is a supervised summer program for youth. Science Kids partners with them to offer science stations. Sometimes the pool is used for kayaking and scuba diving classes. Each May they honor grandparents with a tea party. Lastly, they offer first aid, CPR, and babysitting training.

The daily admissions fees are; Park County Resident Adults $8.50, Students (16 yrs+) $5.50, Youth $4.40, Active military $4.50, Non-Resident Adults $13, Non-Resident Students/Youth $7, Children 4 and under are free. To learn more, click here:  https://www.cityofcody-wy.gov/263/Paul-Stock-Aquatic-and-Recreation-Center